MERISCREEN Malaria Pf/Pan AgProduct Overview
- MERISCREEN Malaria Pf/Pan Ag test kit is an in-vitro diagnostic immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of infection by Plasmodium falciparum (through P. falciparum-specific HRP2 antigens) and P. falciparum, P. vivax, P. malariae, P. ovale (through pan-pLDH antigens)in human capillary and/or venous whole blood specimens.
- WHO PQ
- Rapid test (ICT) for differential diagnosis of Malaria
- Based on HRP II & pLDH enzymes
- Shelf life of 24 months
- Specimen transfer device
- Results after 20 minutes but no later than 30 minutes
- Limit of Detection (LOD) - P. falciparum ≥50 parasites/µl and for P. vivax ≥ 200 parasites/µl
At which stage of infection this kit is able to detect infection?
First parasites infect liver cells and multiply. After hepatic stage parasite multiply in erythrocytes. At erythrocytic stage infection can be detected.
Is it compatible with whole blood or other body fluid than serum or plasma?
Only Whole Blood. Since parasite multiply in RBCs.
How to avoid error in testing?
Do not use anything other buffer provided with the kit. Use only 5µL of whole blood. Add sample in sample well and Buffer in buffer well.