FILAPROP POLYPROPYLENE SUTURES
Non-Absorbable Polypropylene Surgical Suture
FILAPROPTM Polypropylene suture is a monofilament, synthetic non-absorbable, sterile surgical suture composed of an isotactic crystalline stereoisomer of polypropylene, a synthetic linear polyolefin. The molecular formula of polypropylene is (C3H6)n. FILAPROPTM sutures are either undyed or dyed with phthalocyanine blue.
FILAPROPTM Polypropylene suture is available in a less-memory tray as well as long folders to avoid the memory effect. It is available in a range of gauge sizes and lengths attached to standard stainless steel needles of various type and sizes.
FILAPROPTM complies with the requirement of the United States Pharmacopoeia for “Non Absorbable Surgical Suture” and the European Pharmacopoeia for “Sterile Synthetic Non Absorbable monofilament Strand.”
Non-Absorbable Surgical Suture
Non-Absorbable Surgical Sutures are not digested by body enzymes or hydrolyzed in body tissue. Non-absorbable sutures are further classified on the basis of the source as Natural and Synthetic sutures and on the basis of the structure as Monofilament and Braided sutures.
Sizes: USP 10-0, 9-0, 8-0, 7-0, 6-0, 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 2-0, 0
Suture Lenghts (cm): 45- 150
Needle Dimensions and Profiles: A variety ranging from 6 mm to 48mm
Procedure-wise applications of Polypropylene Sutures
- Distal and Proximal Anastomosis
- Atrial Septal Defect/ Ventricular Septal Defect
Peripheral Vascular Procedures
- A/V Fistula
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Microsurgical anastomosis
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Onco Reconstruction surgeries
- Hand injury and Tendon Repair
Ophthamic procedures:Cataract Surgery, Orbit and Oculoplasty Surgery
Polypropylene Suture- Performance
FILAPROPTM Polypropylene suture initially elicits a minimal inflammatory reaction in tissues followed by a gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue. It is neither absorbed, nor subjected to degradation or weakening by the action of tissue enzymes. It is recommended for use in wounds where the least possible suture reaction is desired as it is relatively biologically inert.
Being a monofilament suture, FILAPROPTM has been successfully employed in surgical wounds which may in due course become infected or contaminated and thus minimizing sinus formation or suture extrusion. It is an effective pull-out suture due to its lower adherence to tissue.
For enhanced performance, FILAPROPTM Polypropylene suture comes with specially curated needles to enhance the pass efficiency and overall outcome of the surgery.
- HV Needle-HV (Hemovas) Needle is a round body needle, recommended for blood vessels
- V-Black Needle- Round body/ Tapercut Needle with black finish for enhanced visibility under glaring OT lights
- C2 Needle- C2 (Calcified Coronary) Needle is tapercut needle, for tough, difficult to penetrate tissues
- MeriSmooth Needle- MeriSmooth Needle is used for easy penetrations pass after pass
- FILAPROP IS AVAILABLE IN A LESS-MEMORY TRAY AS WELL AS LONG FOLDERS TO AVOID THE MEMORY EFFECT
Smooth passage through tissue.
Minimal acute inflammatory reaction in tissues due to inertness of material.
Optimal elasticity and elongation properties.
Available in Less Memory Tray (LMT).
The suture is pigmented blue for enhanced visibility.
Indication of Polypropylene Sutures
- Intended for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation
- Preferred choice in vascular anastomosis, plastic and reconstructive procedures, microsurgery procedures, ophthalmic procedures and ligatures.
*Selection of surgical suture for implantation depends on patient condition, surgical experience, surgical technique and wound size