- LNG THICKENS THE CERVICAL MUCUS THAT PREVENTS SPERM TO ENTER THE UTERINE CAVITY.
- THE PHYSICAL PRESENCE OF A T-FRAME PREVENTS THE ENTRY OF SPERM INTO THE FALLOPIAN TUBES.
- LNG ALSO HELPS IN THINNING THE ENDOMETRIAL LINING THEREBY PREVENTING CONCEPTION.
Erinna is a Hormonal Intrauterine System that comes with no applicator. It consists of a frame with a drug reservoir containing 52mg of the levonorgestrel (LNG) hormone, releasing a daily dose of 20µg of the hormone into the uterine cavity. The reservoir is encased in a rate-limiting membrane that controls the release kinetics of the hormone so that the prescribed dose of it is released daily for up to 5 years.
Reduces menstrual bleeding and cramps after the first few months of implantation, eventually causing menstrual periods to stop altogether.
May prevent endometrial hyperplasia or endometrial cancer.
May effectively relieve endometriosis and is less likely to cause side effects than high-dose progestin.
Does not cause weight gain.
Cost-effectiveness, over time.
Easy to use.
No disruption in foreplay or intercourse.
- Contraception for 5 years
- Aids in treating patients with menorrhagia/dysfunctional uterine bleeding(DUB)/abnormal uterine bleeding(AUB)
Treatment to Prevent Pregnancy
The hormonal IUD releases a tiny amount of the hormone progestin into your body over several years. Progestin is a hormone very similar to progesterone that our bodies make naturally. This hormone helps in preventing pregnancy by keeping sperm cells away from the eggs. There are two ways in which Hormonal IUDs can work, one by making the mucus of the cervix thicker thus blocking sperms to reach to an egg and two by stopping eggs from leaving the ovaries. Know more here
Note: IFU will be displayed after MDR Certification