- Immunochromatography assay
- Detection of IgM, IgG and IgA Antibodies
- Specimen Type: Serum, Plasma, Whole blood ( Fingerstick & Venous)
- Specimen Volume: 10 µl Serum/ Plasma or 20 µl Whole Blood
- Buffer Volume: 3 drops
- Results after 20 minutes but no later than 30 minute
- Diagnostic Sensitivity: 100 %
- Diagnostic Specificity: 100 %
- Shelf life of 24 months
How much is the window period for this kit?
IgM takes around 3 weeks or more to be detectable post onset of viral replication.
What to do once this test gives reactive result?
Follow testing guidelines given by NACO (National Guidelines for HIV Testing). NACO recommends use of three different assays for testing such sample. Follow the testing algorithm of “Detecting HIV Infection In Asymptomatic Individuals
How to avoid error during testing?
Use recommended volume of sample. Use only the buffer provided with the kit and only 3 drops. Use immediately once the device opened.
What if the test band appears after reading time?
Results are invalid beyond reading.